Emerging Trends in Stem Cells and Regenerative Medicine
On June 20, 2019 our BioPanel of renowned thought leaders from in the field of stem cells and regenerative medicine discussed the state of the industry, the work they are doing, and the greatest opportunities they see emerging in the near future for an audience of stem cell industry professionals from Maryland and across the BioHealth Capital Region.
The panel was moderated by Dr. Mahendra S. Rao who is one of the most influential minds in stem cell research authoring approximately 350 papers on the topic across his storied career. Dr. Rao recently joined Bio-Trac as a Co-Director, was the Founding Director of the National Institutes of Health (NIH) Center of Regenerative Medicine and former Chief of the NIH Laboratory of Stem Cell Biology.
The energized complimentary evening included panel discussion, networking, refreshments and a tour of the expansive lab facilities at Montgomery College's Bioscience Education Center.
Bio-Trac thanks our extraordinary Stem Cell BioPanel for their time and insights.
- Mahendra S. Rao, PhD – (Moderator) Bio-Trac Co-Director; Founding Director of the National Institutes of Health (NIH) Center of Regenerative Medicine and former Chief of the NIH Laboratory of Stem Cell Biology.
- Donald W. Fink, Ph.D. - Expert Biologist, U.S. Food and Drug Administration
- Amritha Jaishankar, PhD – Associate Director, Maryland Stem Cell Research Fund
- Jean-Philippe Richard, PhD - Stem Cell Scientist, Reprocell
- Michael Ward, MD, PhD - Clinical Investigator, NIH/NINDS